Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Into a new realm!

Stepping into a new realm of challenge! Work was good. I had lots of reading to do the past two days in the office... stuffs like company's profile, studio operation processes and notes on newsletters etc... but I am happy about it. I am doing something that I am passionate about. Felt such a surge of energy and passion in what I am doing. It's a very challenging environment to work in.

The first day of work was a bit intimidating for me as I am new to my working environment. I have to watch and observe the company culture and adapt to it. They are all a bunch of young people in the late twenties to thirties... so obviously I am the youngest. Things are getting better today... felt less tense up.

Just some thoughts about designers... seems that designers are fond of losing track of time. They have a tendency to be late! Well... most of my designer friends are like that.. The past two days, being new to the company and trying to play hard at keeping rules, I arrived at my work place punctually as I was told. In fact, both days I was earlier than required. Something not so usual. But guess wat? I was lock out of office cos the designers were all late, including my manager. They are not like five or ten min late that kind of thing but half an hour or more!!! Of course, they will at least be one who will arrive a bit earlier than the others. We'll see how things go.... but they do work till very late... another thing about them is that they often seem to be in a world of their own.... to add on, they have their perculiar style. Their hairstyle could distinctively tell you their profession... That's just my thoughts k... though it does carry some truth in it..

No comments: