Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Birthday thoughts...

Another year, another season of life. I think it's a vast difference between kids and the slightly grown- ups celebrating birthdays. Kids are fanatic about the thrill of blowing candles and receiving gifts; the slightly grown-ups doesn't see all that as important as it once had been. What matters is the value of how you are going to live your life in order to add value to others and relationships around you. Yep, I'm not a kid anymore, neither am I a fully grown-up yet cos I am still in the transiting phrase into adulthood, that's why the term slightly grown up is used here... I have not lost the thrill of celebrating birthdays but just that the perspective of it changes. You would prefer to have meaningful time spent with people dearer to you or time spent alone peacefully enjoying every minute of this day that the Lord has made. Any slightly grown-ups out there agree with me?? haha...

kk... I did have a meaningful birthday this year and really appreciate all those who have made my day so lovely. Celebrated my birthday on Monday cos the actual day of my birthday coinsides with our cooperate leaders meeting. That's pretty fine... We went to Marche for dinner and thereafter to river ang bao. As I requested, the nite is full of pleasant surprises.... From the sudden appearance of people who told me that they couldn't make it last minte to the rides at river hong bao and certainly my birthday gift to end the day... I feel more funny than surprise when I unwrapped the gift... thanks to my best friends' idea lo... That's the last thing I would expect to have as a birthday gift.... haha... Anyway, thanks!

No comments: